Immediate Openings for Students Available.
Contact Ed Travis, Director of Admissions: 856-795-8228, ext. 240

The Turning Point

Art Therapy

How do I Enroll my Child into Your School

Contact your case manager at your school district if your child is not meeting with success in his/her current placement. The Individual Education Plan (IEP) which includes the parent, will discuss placement options for the child. If a private placement is a recommended option, your case manager will contact the school. Student Records will be sent for review by the Director of Admissions to determine if referral is appropriate. If it is the Admissions Director will contact the parent/guardian for the child to come for an interview and tour.


Est. 1976

The admission process:

Sending Districts or/and students’ district of residence refers to Brookfield. The director of admission needs to review the IEP, IEP evaluations and interview the student Once those two entities are completed, a decision will be made regarding acceptance.

Do I have to pay to send my child to Brookfield Schools?

No, your local school district is responsible to pay all costs involved with your child attending Brookfield Schools Haddon Heights Campus, Brookfield Schools Cherry Hill Campus or T2C.

Must students be classified to attend your schools?

Yes, all students who attend the Brookfield Schools Cherry Hill Campus or  Brookfield Schools Haddon Heights Campus are classified.

Do I have to transport my child to Brookfield Schools?

No, your local school district will provide door-to-door transportation to Brookfield Schools Haddon Heights Campus, Brookfield Schools Cherry Hill Campus or T2C.

Private School Funding

Parents pay no tuition for their child to attend private special education schools. All special education services—including placement in a private school—are funded through a combination of federal, state and local tax dollars. Using this funding, your school district pays the costs of tuition and transportation for private special education schools.



The Turning Point

Will my child have counseling?

Est. 1976

Yes, all students at Brookfield Schools Cherry Hill Campus, Brookfield Schools Haddon Heights Campus and T2C Program have a “therapist” assigned to them when they start one of our programs and are expected to participate in counseling. All of our “therapists” are either school Social Workers or a School Psychologist. Their IEP will typically indicate the frequency and length of counseling sessions and students can request additional counseling time to work through any concerns they have. We believe that participation in weekly counseling AND counseling “in the moment” when they are having difficulties is how we are able to make the most progress with helping students to develop and implement more appropriate coping mechanisms and gain insight into how their negative behaviors are keeping them from being successful in school.

What are some unique aspects about Brookfield Schools?

We have a school-wide “behavior modification systems” at Brookfield Schools Haddon Heights Campus and Brookfield Schools Cherry Hill Campus that focus on reinforcing appropriate behaviors and decreasing inappropriate behaviors. There are short term and long-term reinforcers built into both programs that range from earning snacks to going on field trips.

Do the student’s regress academically by attending Brookfield?

No. Brookfield adheres to the New Jersey core content curriculum standards. Brookfield offers small class size and individual instruction which promotes academic success.

Do students take standardized testing?

All of the students at Brookfield Schools Haddon Heights Campus,Brookfield Schools Cherry Hill Campus and T2C participate in the state mandated testing; NJ ASK, HSPA, and the Biology EOC Exam

Where do students go after they graduate from Brookfield?

After 8th grade graduation, student’s options include attending Brookfield Schools Cherry Hill Campus, District High School, Private High School or Vocational School. After 12 grade graduation student’s options include a 4 year college, a two year college, technical school, military service, or employment/career.

How does the lunch/breakfast program work?

Brookfield contacts with another school district to provide a federal school lunch and breakfast program. If a student receives a free or reduced lunch in district then Brookfield can continue that program. Otherwise, the student/family is responsible to pay for breakfast and lunch.

Do I have to purchase the college textbooks my child will use when they are at the T2C program?

No, the tuition your district pays to Brookfield schools will cover all costs, fees and textbooks to attend college classes at Camden County College.

How does graduation work?

All of the students at Brookfield Schools Cherry Hill Campus and T2C are eligible to participate in a graduation ceremony held at Brookfield Schools Cherry Hill Campus and/or they are typically allowed to participate in the ceremony at their local school district as well. The students will receive a certificate of completion from Brookfield Schools and the high school diploma from their local school district.

How do I receive service through your behavioral health component?

Contact the Program Director listed in our contact section.

Do students ever transition back to sending districts?

Yes. Brookfield’s staff works with the student, student’s family and sending district to transition back to district when appropriate.

Translate »